Tim's Favorite Honey-Mustard Glazed Ham
1 (10-pound) smoked, bone-in ham
1 cup honey
1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter (1/2 stick)
8 to 10 servings Cook time 2 hrs. 25 mins, plus resting time 25 mins.
1. Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange a rack in the lower third. Trim away any excess fat, leaving about a 1/4-inch layer all over. Set the ham aside to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
2. Place the ham, cut side down, on the baking sheet and cover it with a piece of parchment paper. Tightly cover the ham and parchment paper with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
3. Combine the ingredients in saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter melts and the brown sugar has completely dissolved. Set aside and let cool to lukewarm.
4. Remove it from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 425°F. Discard the foil and parchment, score a 1-inch-wide diamond pattern (don’t cut more than 1/4 inch deep).
5. Brush the ham with a quarter of the glaze, return it to the oven, and bake uncovered for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, brush with another quarter of the glaze, and repeat every 15 minutes until a dark golden-brown crust has formed, about 55 to 60 minutes total. Rest 20 to 30 minutes before slicing.